Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

biblequestions - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* biblequestions > Topics

Subject: Is Eternal Security Biblical?
Replies: 12 Views: 1084

ray777 6.09.09 - 08:23am
Is eternal security Biblical?

Answer: When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their eternal security. Jude 24 declares, To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy. God's power is able to keep the believer from falling. It is up to Him, not us, to present us before His glorious presence. Our eternal security is a result of God keeping us, not us maintaining our own salvation.

The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can sna*ch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can sna*ch them out of my Father's hand (John 10:28-29b). Both Jesus and the Father have us firmly grasped in their hand. Who could possibly separate us from the grip of both the Father and the Son?

Ephesians 4:30 tells us that believers are sealed for the day of redemption. If believers did not have eternal security, the sealing could not truly be unto the day of redemption, but only to the day of sinning, apostasy, or disbelief. John 3:15-16 tells us that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will have eternal life. If a person were to be promised eternal life, but then have it taken away, it was never eternal to begin with. If eternal security is not true, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39, For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Our eternal security is based on God's love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

ray777 6.09.09 - 09:10am
Yes, We still need to Work on our Own Salvation, but that's because We Love Our Lord and Want To Please Him, and we are earning our rewards n hopefully crowns following OUR FATHER'S WILL~ Amen *
---

ray777 6.09.09 - 10:36pm
ITS A LABOUR OF LOVE~ AMEN *

wariaaa 22.09.09 - 04:06pm
I agree with you. I do hope what you mean when you say that we should work on our salvation is the same thing that we learn in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and not at all what we think we have done. We must remember at all times, that before we became saved, we were DEAD in our sins and could do nothing about that except God bring us to life. Please note how many times God uses the word i in Ezekiel 36:24-30 where we read:For I will take you from among the heathen and gather you out of all countries and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean, from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you and couse you to walk in my statutes and ye shall keep My Judgments and do them. TO GOD BE THE GLORY, FOR EVER AND EVER. *

ray777 23.09.09 - 08:14am
Amen... Those verses u quoted are towards the Jews in the Millenium tho... GBTG Forever~ *

wariaaa 23.09.09 - 11:57am
On the contrary ray777, the verse i quoted applys to each and every one of those that are destined for salvation. God clearly indicates that He has to do all the work required to save them. The new heart that God gives them is that of Christ so that they may be in His likeness thus becaming sons of God, while the stony hearts of theirs full of sins became Christ's and as a result of it, He died. In short, God will not and never ever share His glory with anyone. The Jews of the past portray the mordern day christians and the same same journey that they made across the wilderness is the very very same journey that all those who became savied have to make, having been set free by TRUTH Who is Christ from the house of bondage or the kingdom of satan. My regards ray777. *

ray777 27.09.09 - 03:19am
Amen.... I was referring to Phil.2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. *

ray777 27.09.09 - 03:20am
Gbu wariaaa always brother.... *

ray777 27.09.09 - 03:31am
Question: What does it mean to work out salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12)?

Answer: In Philippians 2:12-13, Paul writes Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his purpose.

This text is often misused to instill fear into people, warning them that it means that they can lose salvation. What does it mean to work out our salvation with fear and trembling? It does not seem likely that Paul could have meant literally that they were to live in a continuous condition of nervousness and anxiety. After all, the very same Spirit inspired Paul to write that God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7). The Greek word translated fear in this context can equally mean reverence or respect. When Paul writes to the Corinthians and reports that Titus had been encouraged and refreshed by their reception of him, he goes on to say that the Corinthian Christians received him with fear and trembling (2 Corinthians 7:15). It makes little sense that a Christian minister would be encouraged and refreshed by a display of nervous anxiety! Rather Titus was delighted by their obedience to the God they revered.

The sense in which we are to work out our salvation in fear and trembling is twofold. First, the Greek verb rendered work out means to continually work to bring something to completion or fruition. We do this by actively pursuing obedience in the process of sanctification, which Paul explains further in the next chapter of Philippians. He describes himself as straining and pressing on toward the goal of Christlikeness (Philippians 3:13-14). The trembling he experiences is the attitude Christians are to have in pursuing this goala healthy fear of offending God through disobedience and an awe and respect for His majesty and holiness. Trembling can also refer to a shaking due to weakness, but this is a weakness of higher purpose, one which brings us to a state of dependency on God. Obedience and submission to the God we revere and respect is our reasonable service (Romans 12:1-2) and brings great joy. Psalm 2:11 sums it up perfectly: Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling. We work out our salvation by going to the very source of our salvationthe Word of Godwherein we renew our hearts and minds (Romans 12:1-2), coming into His presence with a spirit of reverence and awe.

wariaaa 27.09.09 - 10:34am
Amen sir. One passage of scripture that cames to my mind is that found in Romans 7:14-25. In those verses, we learn of the conflict in man and what it really means to work out our salvation. I may be wrong, but at list i understood a little bit about what Paul went through as a Man of God and as a christian. Its the very same thing that we all go through in our day to day life as we try our very best to be as every bit obedient to the Law of God bearing in mind what we read in Ephesians 2:8-9 :For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. May the Peace of our Lord be with you, always. *

ray777 27.09.09 - 10:56am
Ty Brother and Amen!!!!! And TY Jesus/God for Your Amazing Grace~ PTL PTL :+) *

ray777 27.09.09 - 10:58am
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. Amen bro Wariaaa.... GBU *

phrone 20.12.10 - 01:19am
Eternal security though Christ, thats the good news *

* biblequestions Forum

Search:
topics replies

* biblequestions

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search